Location: Siem Reap, Cambodia
Part of the Angkor Wat temple complex, Ta Prohm was built approximately in 1186 during the Khmer Empire. The complex was left neglected in the 1600’s and after hundreds of years was rediscovered in the 19th centuries by French explorers. Although nature had overtaken most of the complex, none were as magnificent and amazing as Ta Prohm.
Since the 1990’s restoration efforts have been under way for the entire Angkor Wat complex. Although, very little has been done to Ta Prohm itself. They have decided to keep as much of the beauty of mother nature, and 11th century architecture intact, as it was found. With a couple improvements for safety.